1) How long has K.C.B.C. been building homes? Since 1992 (see About Us)
2) Where do you build in the K.C. Metro area? Johnson County & Miami County's
3) Will you build in other counties and cities? Dependant on the location, Yes
4) Will you build in subdivisions other than your featured subdivisions? Yes, as long as the Developer of the property will allow it.
FLOOR PLANS AND DESIGNS
1) Do you build custom homes? Absolutely
2) Do you design custom homes? Yes, but we do charge architectural fees based on the square footage and difficulty of the design.
3) Do you design your own homeplans? Yes
4) What if we love one of your floor plans, but still need to tweak it to suit our families needs? Because we design our own plans we have the luxury of changing them to suit specific customer wants and needs...we are ready, willing and able to make any changes you deem necessary (extensive changes require a fee).
1) What kind of warranty do you offer? 1-year from the date of closing
2) What is covered under the 1-year warranty? Our warranty is very extensive and detailed. At your request, we would be more than happy to provide you with a copy of our Warranty (for review purposes ONLY) prior to Contract signing.
3) When and how do we turn in our punch lists? At 60-days and 11-months from your closing date you should e-mail your punch lists to email@example.com
STAGES OF CONSTRUCTION
1) How long will it take to build our home? The standard time frame is 7-months from the date of Contract signing, however, sometimes homebuilding is dependant upon weather and material suppliers and can take longer. We can say with great pride that over the last fifteen years in business our projects have closed by the contract closing date 95% of the time!
2) What can we expect after signing a contract? There are many stages of construction during the homebuilding process. Please review the following stage-by-stage list:
» Contract signing
» Lot survey and plot plan
» Submit plans to City for permit (also water & sewer permits where applicable)
» Footings and Foundation
» Dampproofing of Foundation
» Backfill of Foundation
» Ground Plumbing
» Basement Floor Flatwork
» Framing of House
» HVAC (rough-in)
» Plumbing (rough-in)
» Electrical Wiring (rough-in)
» Caulk & Foam and Insulation
» Exterior Flatwork (driveway, walk and stoop)
» Cabinetry and Trim Work & Hardwood Flooring
» Interior/Exterior Painting & Staining (exterior if weather permits)
» Ceramic, Vinyl, Countertops, Etc.
» Finish Plumbing
» Finish Electric
» Final Clean
» Closing Day
DURING THE CONSTRUCTION PROCESS
1) Will we be able to visit our home under construction? Anytime you feel like visiting is just fine with us, but please do not ask the subcontractors on site to make any changes or additions; changes and additions will only be accepted by going through the appropriate channels.
2) Will we be able to meet with our Builder if we have questions and concerns? Absolutely! Many Builders only make an appearance during the original signing of the Contract, but we make ourselves available throughout the building process and beyond.
3) Who will be ensuring that our home is being built properly and to our specifications, and how?Bob Blaylock, our Project Superintendant or Kevin Clem, our President make it a priority to visit EVERY jobsite EVERYDAY! We are, have been and will always be a hands-on company.
4) Will we be able to meet with certain subcontractors on site to specify our needs? Yes, you will have the opportunity to meet with many of the subcontractors along with a representative from our company during various stages of construction. For example, cabinet maker, electrician, security system rep., home theatre rep., etc.